We’ve Committed to the RIBA Inclusion Charter
As part of commitment to driving Social Value, we’re delighted to announce that we have recently joined the Royal Institute for British Architects (RIBA) Inclusion Charter campaign.
As a practice we believe that our activities should have a positive effect on the community, our clients, business partners and employees. By joining this Charter we hope to break down barriers and make architecture more inclusive, we:
– Acknowledge the urgent need for inclusion in the architecture profession and wider construction industry
– Commit to setting inclusion targets and an EDI action plan
– Commit to developing our workplace culture, talent pipeline and ways of working to support inclusion
– Commit to publicly reporting on progress of our EDI plan – recognising transparency and accountability are vital to drive cultural change
– Commit to embedding inclusive design in all our projects, and contributing to the development of inclusive environments
We have a key part to play in dismantling the discriminatory barriers that are preventing talented people from studying, practising and appreciating architecture and look forward to working with the RIBA and our fellow members to achieve this.
For further details on the Inclusion Charter campaign, visit the RIBA’s website.